Learn how to communicate with your dog in our introductory adult obedience class! This class covers the training essentials, including sit, down, stay, come, and loose-leash walking, among other important topics.
The first class of the 5-week series is an orientation for guardians only--please leave your dog at home. Training with your dog will begin in class two. This class is appropriate for dogs of all sizes. (We also offer a small-dog-only training class, Small Adult Manners 1.)
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 5 weeks. Please note: First class is a mandatory orientation for humans only--no dogs, please.
Fee: $175 (If your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501(c)(3) rescue group, the fee is $150)
Course prerequisites: Dogs must be 5 months of age or older, able to be handled gently by a friendly stranger, and able to work safely around people and other dogs on leash. (If your dog is between 4 and 9 months old, please look at our Adolescent Manners 1 class.)
Class includes: Handbook, Homework and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8 dogs
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Mondays, October 30 - November 27, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Michelle: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Thursdays, November 2 - December 7 (skips Nov. 23), 5:00 - 6:00 pm with Maureen: Register now, 3 seats remaining.
- Fridays, November 10 - December 15 (skips Nov. 24), 7:45 - 8:45 pm with Alisha: Section is full, only 3 wait list seats remaining.
- Sundays, November 12 - December 17 (skips Nov. 26), 2:00 - 3:00 pm with Emily: Section is full, only 1 wait list seat remaining.
- Tuesdays, November 14 - December 12, 6:15 - 7:15 pm with Michelle: Register now, 4 seats remaining.
- Mondays, November 20 - December 18, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Steph: Register now.